SAARC Development Fund Secretariat
The SAARC Development Fund (SDF) Secretariat was inaugurated by Heads of State/Governments of SAARC Member States in April 2010 during the 16th SAARC Summit in Thimphu.
The objectives of the SDF are
- to promote the welfare of the people of SAARC Region.
- to improve the quality of life.
- to accelerate economic growth, social progress and poverty alleviation in the SAARC Region.
- to bring out regional integration among the member states.
The competitive advantages for SDF and SAARC Regional centers are
- Strengthen cooperation and Support among SAARC Organizations.
- Taking SAARC Objectives forward.
- Outreach of activities of both SDF and SAARC Organizations.
- Sharing of experiences and knowledge.